11U/12U Division Robbinsville Jr. Ravens Football Team
Informational Facts About the Program
Updated Tuesday January 29, 2019 by Robbinsville Jr. Ravens.
11U/12U Division (age before September 1, 2019) who weigh 115 lbs. or less. We are a competitive travel team and play in the West Jersey Youth Football League. This is developmental level tackle football. Our goal is to teach the boys the fundamentals of the game. Learning football is a commitment; 4 practices a week in August, including scrimmages against other teams. We know that some parents are hesitant to allow their sons to play football at this young age. Our coaches all once played football ourselves and currently have sons on the team. Such concerns are well known to us. We are therefore committed to teaching safety, proper techniques and promoting sportsmanship. We also want the boys to have fun. After all, football is a game. All the boys will play. We hope we can impart our love of the sport and the fun of being on the Junior Ravens to your son. And we believe that you will enjoy being part of our team family.
Head Coach – Andy Surtz
- Practices are held at Blakely Field on Meadowbrook Road.
- Preseason practice begins on Monday, August 5, 2019 and is 4 days a week – Monday through Thursday. (Many players miss a week while on vacation; it’s expected)
- We usually end preseason practice weeks by scrimmaging another team.
- Our team will weigh-in just one time – the Saturday after Labor Day.
- After Labor Day we got to a school practice week – 3 times a week, including a shortened pregame “walk through” practice with no contact on Fridays.
- Home games are typically played at the Robbinsville High School field on Sundays at 3:30 pm. (Kickoff times are subject to adjustment)
- Away games can be scheduled on Saturdays or Sundays depending on the opponent.
- We play an 8-game regular schedule: 4 games home and 4 games away.
- Games consist of four 8-minute quarters with time kept on the field by the referees. Game duration is generally 2 hours.
- There are two referees on the field at our level.
- Special Teams consists of punting, extra points [run (1pt) or kick (2pt)] and kick offs and returns.
- In 2018 the average player in the league at our weight level was 98.4 lbs.
- The heaviest team in our league last season averaged 107 lbs. per player; the lightest averaged 92 lbs.